Sunday, April 10, 2016

Union Pacific Oklahoma City Switcher

Hi everyone!



I'm back from our rotational deployment to the Republic of Korea and have tons of new content for the blog.  I spent two weeks of leave in Oklahoma, where I did a good deal of railfanning (my wife is such a good sport) and I have also made lots of progress on the model railroad.  Its been challenging to figure out how to post everything and weed out pictures and videos, but here is my first compilation:











I love watching shortlines and industrial switching operations, and I think there is a shortage of stuff about this kind of railroading in Oklahoma.  So, I followed the UP's OKC switcher around on two separate occasions and got lots of good photos and videos (as good as can get with an iPhone camera that is).



This was a fun operation to railfan because most of the spurs are easily accessible from public roads.  The video explains each switching move the train made in each clip.



There is more to come, but in the meantime, I hope y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment